MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:26 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 63674
yalikeMetroplitans wrote:
sluger11787 wrote:
Has started all 62 games
.357/.415/.468
100 hits, 22 doubles, 3 triples, homer, 71 runs, 39 RBIs
22 walks, 22 Ks, 7 HBP
21 SB, 6 CS

Has not pitched this year.

MS State hosts Stanford in the Super Regional, Saturday 2pm ESPN2.


Sounds like a switch-hitting Jeff McNeil (with a little less power).


Jeff McNeil hit 0 college HRs and only 29 total XBH over his 3 years at Long Beach State. And thats with a big power barrage his junior year with 16 2Bs and 2 3Bs!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:28 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Veteran Presence

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:31 am
Posts: 4502
Location: Fairview Township, PA
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
yalikeMetroplitans wrote:
sluger11787 wrote:
Has started all 62 games
.357/.415/.468
100 hits, 22 doubles, 3 triples, homer, 71 runs, 39 RBIs
22 walks, 22 Ks, 7 HBP
21 SB, 6 CS

Has not pitched this year.

MS State hosts Stanford in the Super Regional, Saturday 2pm ESPN2.


Sounds like a switch-hitting Jeff McNeil (with a little less power).


Jeff McNeil hit 0 college HRs and only 29 total XBH over his 3 years at Long Beach State. And thats with a big power barrage his junior year with 16 2Bs and 2 3Bs!

True. Kid looks skinny, too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:28 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 63674
Dog wrote:
I like the top 3 picks, but this one is a head scratcher. Looking to save money for Allan?


Someone posted this already, but Allan supposedly looking for $4m.

His slot value was 600K.

The remaining slots the Mets have in rounds 4-10 are worth 1.8m.

Meaning the Mets, to have a chance here, need to save money on Round 1 and basically pay nothing in rounds 4-10 and likely still go over their pool and incur penalties to have a chance.

If this one is a head scratcher, look away for the next 6.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:31 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:36 pm
Posts: 8750
Location: Ithaca, NY
yalikeMetroplitans wrote:
Dog wrote:
I like the top 3 picks, but this one is a head scratcher. Looking to save money for Allan?

I mean, this is the third year in a row he's been drafted. He's rated in the top 200 (#171 on MLB.com) at pick # 118. Doesn't seem that much of a stretch here.


Fair enough. I don't know anything about him (or any of the draft picks, to be honest). Just wondering what the buzz is all about with this kid? Fast, great defender, scrappy?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:31 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:12 pm
Posts: 41080
Location: Panic City
Ralf wrote:
Here come the college kids....

Anyone have a guess how many in a row? I say the rest of Day 2 is college kids.


If we sign our first 3 picks I predict we will only sign 3 high school players the entire draft.


8)

_________________
Whatever.

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:32 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:27 pm
Posts: 26294
Yeah, if anything, this may have been too aggressive at this point. Mangum is a legit prospect. Anyone know what the highest senior bonuses were last year?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:32 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:36 pm
Posts: 8750
Location: Ithaca, NY
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Dog wrote:
I like the top 3 picks, but this one is a head scratcher. Looking to save money for Allan?


Someone posted this already, but Allan supposedly looking for $4m.

His slot value was 600K.

The remaining slots the Mets have in rounds 4-10 are worth 1.8m.

Meaning the Mets, to have a chance here, need to save money on Round 1 and basically pay nothing in rounds 4-10 and likely still go over their pool and incur penalties to have a chance.

If this one is a head scratcher, look away for the next 6.


Gotcha. That's what I was thinking. So lots of college seniors is what we're looking at for the next few rounds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:34 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 63674
Dog wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Dog wrote:
I like the top 3 picks, but this one is a head scratcher. Looking to save money for Allan?


Someone posted this already, but Allan supposedly looking for $4m.

His slot value was 600K.

The remaining slots the Mets have in rounds 4-10 are worth 1.8m.

Meaning the Mets, to have a chance here, need to save money on Round 1 and basically pay nothing in rounds 4-10 and likely still go over their pool and incur penalties to have a chance.

If this one is a head scratcher, look away for the next 6.


Gotcha. That's what I was thinking. So lots of college seniors is what we're looking at for the next few rounds.


If its anything other than college seniors through round 10, and likely college relievers, its probably a sign that they won't sign their 3rd rounder. So if you like that one, I'd hope for a bunch of guys who will command somewhere between $1k and $10k the rest of the day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:39 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 63674
Kiley McDaniel @kileymcd
1h
So something like this would take every cent

(we don't know any of these for sure)

Allan $4.00M
Baty $3.70M
Wolf $897K
Seniors $30K

In this event w/$0 pool left, Mets could give $125k to any player after the 10th round, the limit for pool exempt signings past the 10th.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:41 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 63674
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Kiley McDaniel @kileymcd
1h
So something like this would take every cent

(we don't know any of these for sure)

Allan $4.00M
Baty $3.70M
Wolf $897K
Seniors $30K

In this event w/$0 pool left, Mets could give $125k to any player after the 10th round, the limit for pool exempt signings past the 10th.


So basically they have to take a bunch of guys who'll sign for $5k. Because if they give you any pushback, you have to offer 60% of the slot value (I think) and have them turn it down or you forfeit the slot allotment, which they can't afford to do.

I forget how overages work; can you just pay whatever you want and pay a ton of penalties? Or do they bar you from even doing that?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:45 pm 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:09 pm
Posts: 7274
This was a nice pick that fits into the strategy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:48 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:27 pm
Posts: 26294
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Kiley McDaniel @kileymcd
1h
So something like this would take every cent

(we don't know any of these for sure)

Allan $4.00M
Baty $3.70M
Wolf $897K
Seniors $30K

In this event w/$0 pool left, Mets could give $125k to any player after the 10th round, the limit for pool exempt signings past the 10th.


I think they had to have talked Allan down a bit from $4M. And I think Baty must have agreed to something lower than $3.7...

And I bet Mangum is getting at least $50K himself so I think we can flush the idea of every senior getting just $5K down the drain.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media