Switch to full style
The forum to discuss all things relating to the Rule IV Draft (aka the June Amateur Draft).
Post a reply

2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:09 pm

Mangum, Jake
Mississippi State (MS)
CF
S/L
4YR SR
6' 1 190lbs
DOB:03/08/96

Mets 32nd round pick last year.

Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:11 pm

Here's last year's thread on him:

Link

Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:15 pm

So we draft him as a Pitcher last year and now a CF this year....

Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:16 pm

stevereiff wrote:So we draft him as a Pitcher last year and now a CF this year....


We had a CF last draft......


8)

Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:21 pm

Has started all 62 games
.357/.415/.468
100 hits, 22 doubles, 3 triples, homer, 71 runs, 39 RBIs
22 walks, 22 Ks, 7 HBP
21 SB, 6 CS

Has not pitched this year.

MS State hosts Stanford in the Super Regional, Saturday 2pm ESPN2.

Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:21 pm

Here come the college kids....

Anyone have a guess how many in a row? I say the rest of Day 2 is college kids.

Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:22 pm

Not exactly a power hitter.

Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:22 pm

Ralf wrote:Here come the college kids....

Anyone have a guess how many in a row? I say the rest of Day 2 is college kids.


If it is college seniors the rest of the day and that gets us picks 1-3 all signed...great.

Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:24 pm

I like the top 3 picks, but this one is a head scratcher. Looking to save money for Allan?

Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:24 pm

sluger11787 wrote:Has started all 62 games
.357/.415/.468
100 hits, 22 doubles, 3 triples, homer, 71 runs, 39 RBIs
22 walks, 22 Ks, 7 HBP
21 SB, 6 CS

Has not pitched this year.

MS State hosts Stanford in the Super Regional, Saturday 2pm ESPN2.


Sounds like a switch-hitting Jeff McNeil (with a little less power).

Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:24 pm

Ralf wrote:Here come the college kids....

Anyone have a guess how many in a row? I say the rest of Day 2 is college kids.


They basically have to save all of their money minus a few nominal bonus amounts on the remainder of picks 4-10, plus get round 1 underslot, to have a chance at signing their 3rd.

So I would expect not only college kids, but seniors, and mostly senior relievers, the rest of today.

Re: 2019 NYM Draft: Round 4, Pick 118: CF Jake Mangum

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:25 pm

Dog wrote:I like the top 3 picks, but this one is a head scratcher. Looking to save money for Allan?

I mean, this is the third year in a row he's been drafted. He's rated in the top 200 (#171 on MLB.com) at pick # 118. Doesn't seem that much of a stretch here.
Post a reply