Switch to full style
The forum to discuss all things relating to the Rule IV Draft (aka the June Amateur Draft).
Post a reply

2013 Mets Draft: Round 40, Pick 1196 cf JB Woodman

Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Edgewater HS (FL) CF L/R HS
6'02" 190lbs DOB: 12/13/94

A two-sport star at Edgewater High School (Fla.), Woodman's raw athletic ability stands out to scouts. He is a plus runner and profiles as a top of the order hitter. Woodman, an outfielder, is a projectable hitter and uses a quick, line-drive stroke. He probably will never hit for much power, but makes up for that with his aggressiveness and solid understanding of the game. Woodman's defense is still a work in progress, but he has the range to handle center field if he can improve his reads. He is committed to Mississippi.

Re: 2013 Mets Draft: Round 40, Pick 1196

Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:18 pm

OF J.B. Woodman

135th on BA's top 500. That's even higher than Ivan Wilson.

Re: 2013 Mets Draft: Round 40, Pick 1196 cf Mike McCann

Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Goodnight, gonna go watch the Fail on SNY now.

Re: 2013 Mets Draft: Round 40, Pick 1196 cf Mike McCann

Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:19 pm

It's J.B. Woodman, not Mike McCann.

Re: 2013 Mets Draft: Round 40, Pick 1196 cf Mike McCann

Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:20 pm

.575/.658/.862 over 114 PAs
10 doubles, 3 triples, 3 homers, 46 runs, 33 RBI
23 BB, 8 K
22 SB

Re: 2013 Mets Draft: Round 40, Pick 1196 cf JB Woodman

Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:32 pm

Gonna be a tough sign, if not impossible.

Re: 2013 Mets Draft: Round 40, Pick 1196 cf JB Woodman

Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:42 pm

Love this pick. Have fun at college, JB.

Re: 2013 Mets Draft: Round 40, Pick 1196 cf JB Woodman

Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:07 pm

jdawginsc wrote:Love this pick. Have fun at college, JB.


Are you happy they took him?
or
Are you unhappy they won't sign him because the Mets are "cheap" and won't give him the 800k or whatever he wants to sign and get hit with overage penalties.

Re: 2013 Mets Draft: Round 40, Pick 1196 cf JB Woodman

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:02 am

HCC wrote:
jdawginsc wrote:Love this pick. Have fun at college, JB.


Are you happy they took him?
or
Are you unhappy they won't sign him because the Mets are "cheap" and won't give him the 800k or whatever he wants to sign and get hit with overage penalties.



I doubt the Mets would subject themselves to financial penalties, as well as potentially losing a future 1st-rounder by throwing non-pool money at this kid. I hope you do realize that we can pay him $800,000 without being subjected to any penalties whatsoever. I'm not saying that we would do the following, but all we would need to do is save $700,000 from our Top 10 pool and add it to the max of $100K that is already assigned to any slot from 11-40. If there is anyone I would do that with in the 11-40 range, it would easily be this kid.

Re: 2013 Mets Draft: Round 40, Pick 1196 cf JB Woodman

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:06 am

lantinm wrote:
HCC wrote:
jdawginsc wrote:Love this pick. Have fun at college, JB.


Are you happy they took him?
or
Are you unhappy they won't sign him because the Mets are "cheap" and won't give him the 800k or whatever he wants to sign and get hit with overage penalties.



I doubt the Mets would subject themselves to financial penalties, as well as potentially losing a future 1st-rounder by throwing non-pool money at this kid. I hope you do realize that we can pay him $800,000 without being subjected to any penalties whatsoever. I'm not saying that we would do the following, but all we would need to do is save $700,000 from our Top 10 pool and add it to the max of $100K that is already assigned to any slot from 11-40. If there is anyone I would do that with in the 11-40 range, it would easily be this kid.

Not sure if that would be enough. Even so, we will likely have several other overslot guys from rounds 11-39.

Re: 2013 Mets Draft: Round 40, Pick 1196 cf JB Woodman

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:34 am

and they can go up to $340,000 over before the penalties get harsh, so if they really do want to offer $800,000, they'd just need to save $460,000 from rounds 1-10 (and not overslot anyone else rounds 11-39). Still unlikely, I think.

Re: 2013 Mets Draft: Round 40, Pick 1196 cf JB Woodman

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:47 am

LTKfRGM wrote:and they can go up to $340,000 over before the penalties get harsh, so if they really do want to offer $800,000, they'd just need to save $460,000 from rounds 1-10 (and not overslot anyone else rounds 11-39). Still unlikely, I think.

To the Wilpons, a 75% tax is severe.
Post a reply