MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:56 pm 
Rookie

Metro2007 wrote:
Greene is signing, fastest 60 time in the entire draft, expected to go rounds 3-5, knows Julio Franco (one of our coaches now) from some baseball clinic, Mets are moving him from 2b to CF, compares himself to Victorino, favorite player is Jose Reyes, Mets (according to him) are offering him top 5 round money

140 to 150K - does not require MLB Commissioner's office approval, thus doesn't break rules and don't overslot and pay fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:26 pm 
Fan Favorite

"USF's draft picks are moving quickly -- signee Chase Greene, the speedy prospect from West Boca, had already gotten an offer Wednesday night after being drafted in the 16th round by the Mets. Greene had hoped to go between the third and sixth rounds, but said the Mets have offered him "fifth-round money." He said last week it would take a signing bonus of at least $150,000 to keep him from going to USF -- he'd be draft-eligible after his sophomore year. The Mets have already offered that $150,000, plus more than $50,000 toward college tuition, but Greene said he hasn't made a decision. "I'm still deciding," Greene said, but it doesn't hurt the Mets that he'd open his pro career in Port St. Lucie, less than two hours from home."

Link

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:42 pm 
Legend of NYFS

"Did I say $150000? I meant $250000....."

8)

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:19 pm 
Rookie

What did I tell you the Mets were going to offer him? 50K for in-state tuition as well. Jump on it!

It might cost him 5K a year if he were to pay it himself, plus living cost for in-state tuition. Jump on this Chase. You risk sitting on the bench at USF for two years vs having professional instruction with your 'self proclaimed' fastest 60 in this year's draft.

Let's Git-R-Done, Son!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:21 pm 
NYFS Staff

I really like this draft pick and this would be a really nice signing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:29 pm 
Manager

Metro2007 wrote:
Greene is signing, fastest 60 time in the entire draft, expected to go rounds 3-5, knows Julio Franco (one of our coaches now) from some baseball clinic, Mets are moving him from 2b to CF, compares himself to Victorino, favorite player is Jose Reyes, Mets (according to him) are offering him top 5 round money

The perfect game link had him timed at 6.64 in the 60, which would probably rank him second fastest in the Mets's draft behind our fourth rounder, Darrell Ceciliani. I saw Ceciliani listed at 6.58. Donavan Tate was reported at 6.34.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:41 pm 
Rookie

acerimusdux wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:

The perfect game link had him timed at 6.64 in the 60, which would probably rank him second fastest in the Mets's draft behind our fourth rounder, Darrell Ceciliani. I saw Ceciliani listed at 6.58. Donavan Tate was reported at 6.34.

6.64? Maybe he had a better tryout time.

That isn't even close to the fastest in ANY draft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:09 pm 
Legend of NYFS

TheRealDeal wrote:
acerimusdux wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:

6.64? Maybe he had a better tryout time.

That isn't even close to the fastest in ANY draft.

He made the claim, not me lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:16 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Interesting....

Quote:
Greene signed a contract with the Mets a few weeks ago, but has not been allowed to report to the rookie league club in Port St. Lucie, Fla., because Major League Baseball is reviewing the contract. Lorna Greene said her son received a signing bonus equivalent to that of a fifth-round draft pick and that such deals must be approved by MLB.

Link

8)

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:02 pm 
Rookie

R Nitelight wrote:
Interesting....

Quote:
Greene signed a contract with the Mets a few weeks ago, but has not been allowed to report to the rookie league club in Port St. Lucie, Fla., because Major League Baseball is reviewing the contract. Lorna Greene said her son received a signing bonus equivalent to that of a fifth-round draft pick and that such deals must be approved by MLB.

Link

8)

So he signed for $150K and MLB dropped the level below that this year as I've stated before.

I also think this is the case with Joshua Dunn from 25th Round.

Nelfi Zapata, the hitting machine must have taken $125K and he's off playing his career!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:51 pm 
Rookie

Confirmed...Chase is a valid 6.3 BURNER!

He's TheRealDeal with the wheels!