MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:43 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Green 'Em Up....

Quote:
Jeff Glenn, who graduated from Winter Haven this spring, signed with the New York Mets on Thursday.

Glenn, a catcher, was selected in the ninth round of the Major League Baseball draft by the Mets on June 10. He had committed to play at Santa Fe Community College, but Santa Fe coach Johnny Wiggs said Wednesday he wasn't sure if Glenn would make it to Gainesville if he were offered the right deal to sign.

According to Winter Haven coach David Saliba, Glenn was offered a signing bonus consistent with a fifth-round pick and the Mets will pay for eight semesters of college for Glenn. Saliba said Glenn would play with Port St. Lucie in the Gulf Coast League this summer.

The estimated bonus amount for fifth-round picks in 2008, according to Baseball America, was between $155,000 and $199,000.

Link

8)

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:40 pm 
Fan Favorite

Metro2007 wrote:
thudean wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
So basically not ONE interesting one lol

Well, what you expect on the first signing day? Although, I will admit i have weird fascination with Von Tersch....

His video wasn't all that impressive, mid to high 80's what catches your eye about him?

Von Tersch was well thought of coming into this year. Read somewhere that mechanics may have caused a drop of velocity from 90-92 to high 80s. I mean, I"m not wild and crazy, but i'm interested to see if that's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:48 pm 
Legend of NYFS

thudean wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
thudean wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
So basically not ONE interesting one lol

Well, what you expect on the first signing day? Although, I will admit i have weird fascination with Von Tersch....

His video wasn't all that impressive, mid to high 80's what catches your eye about him?

Von Tersch was well thought of coming into this year. Read somewhere that mechanics may have caused a drop of velocity from 90-92 to high 80s. I mean, I"m not wild and crazy, but i'm interested to see if that's true.

For the record I wasn't being snide, I was just curious if there was something about him I should know because the video showed 85-88, if your saying you read he can throw harder then wonderful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:59 am 
Legend of NYFS

James Ewing Pops Up On The Cyclone Roster...

8)

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:38 am 
Legend of NYFS

Green up John Semel:

Quote:
To make things more difficult, outfielder John Semel signed over the weekend with the New York Mets, who drafted the Chapman University product in the 26th round of the amateur draft.

Through 23 games, Semel was leading the team in runs scored (15) and tied for the team high in hits (23).

He was batting .267 with one home run and 13 RBIs, which ranked second on the team behind teammate Riley Henricks' 14.

Link

8)

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:35 pm 
Fan Favorite

Further Confirmation on Greene

"And Greene has little time to rest. After being drafted last weekend, he signed his first pro contract Monday and reported to the Mets’ Rookie League
team on Wednesday."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:08 pm 
Rookie

Greene said scouts have been attending his games since his junior year at Douglas, and he was also invited to participate in pro workouts. He ran the fastest time at the St. Louis Cardinals camp, 6.17 seconds around the bases!

This is 100% totally IMPOSSIBLE!

There is a story being told.

Even H to 2nd is nearly impossible. I've seen guys in track shoes run that same distance at 60 yards at 6.3, who were absolute burners.

MLB Average H to 1st (4.3 to 4.4 seconds).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:05 am 
Prospect

I wonder if the Wilpons have an influence on the drafting of college seniors, who mostly go to Brooklyn. I found out the Cyclones are owned by Sterling Equities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklyn_Cyclones

They get attendance from 8k to 10k thanks to their popularity and usual stellar play, thanks to the abundance of 22-23 y/o players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:37 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Superpitcher wrote:
we still haven't signed any of our first 5.

Now we have.

Green Up Darrell Ceciliani....

8)

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:49 pm 
Legend of NYFS

R Nitelight wrote:
Superpitcher wrote:
we still haven't signed any of our first 5.

Now we have.

Green Up Darrell Ceciliani....

8)

The one that we knew would sign...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:23 pm 
NYFS Hall of Famer

Ceciliani to kingsport

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:31 pm 
Legend of NYFS

You can put Kingsport next to Darrell Ceciliani

Matt Harvey will end up the best college pitcher from the 2010 draft.
"I don't like losing." - Terry Collins.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next