MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cohen increases Met investment (80%)/ Wilpons out by 202
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 4:48 pm 
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:33 pm
Posts: 670
They're absolutely gonna lose out on more then a billion dollars because of their egos. Good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cohen increases Met investment (80%)/ Wilpons out by 202
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:47 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Fan Favorite

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:57 am
Posts: 1564
SNESandMets wrote:
They're absolutely gonna lose out on more then a billion dollars because of their egos. Good.



They are not losing anything. They don’t have to sell. In 10-20 years they will recoup the money. The Wilpons always get bailed out.

_________________
Where Are my Shades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you build from within, we will WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never underestimate the HEART OF A MAVERICK AND A CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!! It won’t matter what we do . We are the Mets it won’t work out!!!! No matter what we do, as long as we are owned by the COUPONS we will always be cursed. #CouponCurse


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cohen increases Met investment (80%)/ Wilpons out by 202
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:52 am 
User avatar
Online
Everyday Player

Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 10:07 am
Posts: 1205
Location: Studio 54
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

_________________
"Hope for the best, expect the Mets!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cohen increases Met investment (80%)/ Wilpons out by 202
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 5:03 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Posts: 3919
Location: Shea
Disco Ball wrote:
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.


And, like, what if I don’t. The flip side, I posit, is ya gotta believe. If hell exists, that means heaven does too.

_________________
Run it up, Herman! Leave no doubt!
-Coach Yoast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cohen increases Met investment (80%)/ Wilpons out by 202
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:55 pm 
Offline
Manager

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:25 pm
Posts: 6230
https://nypost.com/2020/05/29/alex-rodr ... ssion=true

Quote:
People close to the deal now say that the Wilpons are willing to part with enough of SNY to make a deal work but are insistent on keeping at least a slice of the network for themselves.

“Someone has shown the Wilpons the light here,” one person close to the deal said. “Some heavy hitters are getting involved here and it seems Fred and Jeff are listening.”

_________________
eternal optimist

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cohen increases Met investment (80%)/ Wilpons out by 202
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:58 pm 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 pm
Posts: 7707
Mogriffjr wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/05/29/alex-rodriguez-jennifer-lopez-taking-second-shot-at-buying-mets/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Quote:
People close to the deal now say that the Wilpons are willing to part with enough of SNY to make a deal work but are insistent on keeping at least a slice of the network for themselves.

“Someone has shown the Wilpons the light here,” one person close to the deal said. “Some heavy hitters are getting involved here and it seems Fred and Jeff are listening.”


Unless that someone is Rob Manfred I remain skeptical.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cohen increases Met investment (80%)/ Wilpons out by 202
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 7:40 am 
User avatar
Online
Everyday Player

Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 10:07 am
Posts: 1205
Location: Studio 54
AllWrightNow wrote:
Mogriffjr wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/05/29/alex-rodriguez-jennifer-lopez-taking-second-shot-at-buying-mets/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Quote:
People close to the deal now say that the Wilpons are willing to part with enough of SNY to make a deal work but are insistent on keeping at least a slice of the network for themselves.

“Someone has shown the Wilpons the light here,” one person close to the deal said. “Some heavy hitters are getting involved here and it seems Fred and Jeff are listening.”


Unless that someone is Rob Manfred I remain skeptical.


Until the ink is dry on the agreement, I am going to ignore this. I cant's take another c**kpunch this offseason. Cohen, Wheeler, Syndergaard, the shutdown. Too much.

_________________
"Hope for the best, expect the Mets!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cohen increases Met investment (80%)/ Wilpons out by 202
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:19 pm 
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:16 pm
Posts: 569
Am I the only one that as much as want the Williams gone, I don’t want Arod anywhere near baseball operations

I could see him just trading every prospect for veterans that are overrated or past his prime.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cohen increases Met investment (80%)/ Wilpons out by 202
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 10:09 pm 
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:29 pm
Posts: 599
If Arod becomes owner, I bet Conforto is given a big extension. He loves that opposite field swing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cohen increases Met investment (80%)/ Wilpons out by 202
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 10:14 pm 
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:29 pm
Posts: 599
If Arod becomes owner, I bet Conforto is given a big extension. He loves that opposite field swing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cohen increases Met investment (80%)/ Wilpons out by 202
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:17 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:46 pm
Posts: 3442
stevereiff wrote:
If Arod becomes owner, I bet Conforto is given a big extension. He loves that opposite field swing.


If Arod is part of the ownership group, then it will probably be some corporate group that is hyper-focused on maximizing profits. They'll probably run some model that decides that the Mets can squeeze out a few more pennies by running out replacement-level players on minimum salaries that win 60 games a year than paying big salaries to win it all.

See the Marlins as an example.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cohen increases Met investment (80%)/ Wilpons out by 202
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:27 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Veteran Presence

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:31 am
Posts: 4342
Location: Fairview Township, PA
Metsfan980 wrote:
stevereiff wrote:
If Arod becomes owner, I bet Conforto is given a big extension. He loves that opposite field swing.


If Arod is part of the ownership group, then it will probably be some corporate group that is hyper-focused on maximizing profits. They'll probably run some model that decides that the Mets can squeeze out a few more pennies by running out replacement-level players on minimum salaries that win 60 games a year than paying big salaries to win it all.

See the Marlins as an example.

It's hard to follow all the different articles, but some of them make it sound like it's just JP Morgan helping them find billionaires to buy with them. And with SNY being part of the deal, it might not just be a corporate group? Please!!??


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 361 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media