MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: All in and some good vibes
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:06 pm 
Franchise Player

Also, great timing for these discounted tickets. Citi has been packed and rocking this homestand. It has a playoff atmosphere that has to be energizing for the team and intimidating to opponents.

Forget about maximizing profits, the Mets should be trying to pack the house every night with loud fans that are having a ton of fun.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:06 pm 
Franchise Player

The Phillies have already lost today. They are now 0.5 games behind the Mets.

Should be a game back later tonight :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:39 pm 
NYFS Hall of Famer

I know Matt had his detractors in the franchise here, but i think Brodie would garner a lot of goodwill by bringing back Harvey as a RP on a minor league deal and a sept callup.
Still think there is something there. The fans i know still love matt and would welcome him back despite his personal issues.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:43 pm 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

No thanks. Completely done with Harvey.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:31 pm 
Franchise Player

johnnymets176 wrote:
I know Matt had his detractors in the franchise here, but i think Brodie would garner a lot of goodwill by bringing back Harvey as a RP on a minor league deal and a sept callup.
Still think there is something there. The fans i know still love matt and would welcome him back despite his personal issues.

Absolutely not.

His velocity has plummeted, he has difficulty finding the stroke zone, and he doesn't get swings and misses.

He was cut by the Angels with a 7.09 ERA.

He might be done, or at least he probably needs to reinvent himself outside of MLB for now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:53 pm 
NYFS Staff

a) Chico would have absolutely started this thread.

b) Chico, more than most, would have enjoyed what's going on these days.

RIP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:41 pm 
General Manager

There's one game left but this series is bringing back the 2015 post-trade deadline vibes when we swept the Nationals out of Citi after Wilmer's walkoff.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:42 pm 
General Manager

johnnymets176 wrote:

It's not just with the fans he had detractors, I doubt he had many friends left in the locker room either by the time he left. Let's not screw around with the good ship lollipop by bringing that dark cloud in.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:50 am 
Franchise Player

If the Mets finish the sweep tonight, then they will have surpassed the Phillies and Nationals on this winning streak.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:34 pm 
Franchise Player

The Phillies just fired their hitting coach and replaced him with former manager Charlie Manuel.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:51 pm 
General Manager

Metsfan980 wrote:
The Phillies just fired their hitting coach and replaced him with former manager Charlie Manuel.

Charlie Manuel's basically like Larry Robinson used to be with the Devils, so loyal to either the franchise or the people running it he'll still take a reduced role even after being fired by them.

Still we can't exactly mock this one after the Phil Regan move worked swimmingly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:39 pm 
Veteran Presence

This stretch lately has been one of the most enjoyable in my years watching Mets baseball. That said, I won’t be ready to go all-in unless than take two of three in Atlanta. They do that, I’m on board!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next