NYFS ny mets message boards
http://nyfuturestars.com/community/

All in and some good vibes
http://nyfuturestars.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46133
Page 5 of 9

Author:  TomInNC [ Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: All in and some good vibes

AL 1907

Rk Tm W L W-L%
1 DET 92 58 .613
2 PHA 88 57 .607
3 CHW 87 64 .576
5 NYY 70 78 .473
6 SLB 69 83 .454
7 BOS 59 90 .396
8 WSH 49 102 .325

:D

Author:  jdawginsc [ Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: All in and some good vibes

Philly Athletics got cheated out of some games!

Author:  TomInNC [ Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: All in and some good vibes

Well yes.

Author:  jdawginsc [ Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: All in and some good vibes

The days when things weren't in symmetry...

Author:  AllWrightNow [ Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: All in and some good vibes

I guess it wasn't as easy to make up rainouts and games that couldn't continue after dark back in the days of trains but still I never realized they actually had pennant winners with uneven # of games, other than 1972 when one of the first strikes cost the Red Sox (they were 85-70, the Tigers were 86-70 and the extra game never got made up).

Author:  bygranddesign [ Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: All in and some good vibes

Big 3 game series vs the nats

Stroman vs Strat
Thor vs Corbin
deGrom vs. Sanchez

And then another big 3 vs the Braves

If we can go 3-3 .. I’ll actually feel pretty good. 4-2 I would be pretty thrilled

The whole schedule is pretty relentlessly tough from this point .. until the last 2 weeks -

Colorado for 3
Cincinnati for 3
Miami for 4

And then Atlanta for 3 to finish the season but if they have the division sewn up they might hold back some starters

So if we can be at 80-69.. and go 9-4 in those final 13 .. 89 wins should be enough to take a wild card spot

Author:  Metsfan980 [ Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: All in and some good vibes

Phillies down 4-0 in the 6th.

Mets are close to being half of a game out of the wild card.

Author:  Metsfan980 [ Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: All in and some good vibes

Metsfan980 wrote:
Phillies down 4-0 in the 6th.

Mets are close to being half of a game out of the wild card.


The Phillies lost; the Mets are 0.5 games out of the wildcard.

Author:  MookieWouldaBeatIt [ Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: All in and some good vibes

Metsfan980 wrote:
Metsfan980 wrote:
Phillies down 4-0 in the 6th.

Mets are close to being half of a game out of the wild card.


The Phillies lost; the Mets are 0.5 games out of the wildcard.


There's Vargas helping us out once again :)

Author:  Metsfan980 [ Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: All in and some good vibes

MookieWouldaBeatIt wrote:
Metsfan980 wrote:

The Phillies lost; the Mets are 0.5 games out of the wildcard.


There's Vargas helping us out once again :)


Sometimes the best trades you make are the ones where you trojan horse your divisional rivals :twisted:

Author:  LTKfRGM [ Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: All in and some good vibes

AllWrightNow wrote:
I guess it wasn't as easy to make up rainouts and games that couldn't continue after dark back in the days of trains but still I never realized they actually had pennant winners with uneven # of games, other than 1972 when one of the first strikes cost the Red Sox (they were 85-70, the Tigers were 86-70 and the extra game never got made up).


Not to get too off topic, but the one that seemed most wrong was what happened to the Reds in 1981 during the strike shortened season. Best record in baseball but didn't make the playoffs.

They split the halfs like minor league ball and let the two winners of each half make the playoffs. I think that was Seaver's final Cy Young season too.

Author:  bygranddesign [ Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: All in and some good vibes

Marlins beating the Braves 6-0

Edit

8-0!

Page 5 of 9 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/