Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Re: IGT 5/17/19 Mets @ Marlins

Fri May 17, 2019 9:23 pm

Way to run that one out Robbie...

Fri May 17, 2019 9:25 pm

Hilltop wrote:
nyfuturestars10978 wrote:Keep playing like this and the Riggleman era will begin.

While I don’t think Mickey is a great manager, this is hard to pin on him. Nimmo, Cano, Ramos, Frazier, Conforto (to an extent), deGrom, Syndergaard, Wheeler, and Familia have all been massively disappointing. That’s most of your rotation and about half your line up. Alonso has also normalized. They need these guys to start performing and fast. That’s the issue, not Mickey, and frankly not even Brodie really.

Could Brodie have done other moves during the off-season or still sign Keuchel or Kimbrel? Sure. But would that have even made more than a game or two difference? I’m skeptical given all the underperformers.

Pitching has been solid since we got to May. This lineup has been anemic however.

Fri May 17, 2019 9:53 pm

Wow. Can’t believe McNeil whiffs with 2 on and 2 out. Love the move to have him bat for Rosie there despite it not working out.

Fri May 17, 2019 10:03 pm

Like the fight here.

Liked the McNeil move, but I would have stuck Dom in LF for an inning to hope to have him bat in the 9th. Now should the situation arise it will be Hech due up.

Fri May 17, 2019 10:25 pm

These are games you can not lose with your ace on the mound. deGrom needs to do a lot better now that he has his big money.

Fri May 17, 2019 11:20 pm

HeyNowHK wrote:
Hilltop wrote:
nyfuturestars10978 wrote:Keep playing like this and the Riggleman era will begin.

While I don’t think Mickey is a great manager, this is hard to pin on him. Nimmo, Cano, Ramos, Frazier, Conforto (to an extent), deGrom, Syndergaard, Wheeler, and Familia have all been massively disappointing. That’s most of your rotation and about half your line up. Alonso has also normalized. They need these guys to start performing and fast. That’s the issue, not Mickey, and frankly not even Brodie really.

Could Brodie have done other moves during the off-season or still sign Keuchel or Kimbrel? Sure. But would that have even made more than a game or two difference? I’m skeptical given all the underperformers.

Pitching has been solid since we got to May. This lineup has been anemic however.

Agreed, especially the pen. However, the offense has done enough to win all but the Corbin game. Wheeler and deGrom were not sharp. They can’t get both offense and pitching to perform concurrently.

Fri May 17, 2019 11:32 pm

Yankees had the real comeback tonight. Anywho, on the bright side, we could have the Nats pen.... now that is real ugliness. woof.

This team looks like it needs a trade just to add a new personality, a spark, some additional athleticism. Broxton was an attempt at that and Gomez replacing him is again getting older and adding what is probably a distraction that this team doesn’t need. Got to see what they can do with Smith. Can only play one 1Bman.

Sat May 18, 2019 12:43 am

sluger11787 wrote:Like the fight here.

Liked the McNeil move, but I would have stuck Dom in LF for an inning to hope to have him bat in the 9th. Now should the situation arise it will be Hech due up.

And of course Hech hit as the tying run with 2 outs and was overmatched against Romo.

Sat May 18, 2019 1:09 am

Jake has a few more outings like this, he definitely won’t win the Cy Young. But he’ll probably be a prime candidate for the Anthony Young.

Sat May 18, 2019 7:19 am

Probably one more loss away from having a new manager by Monday.

Sat May 18, 2019 7:51 am

Not sure what Miller Huggins does when deGrom gives up 7 runs to a beer league softball team.

8)

Sat May 18, 2019 9:55 am

Callaway probably doesn’t deserve to go based on this year. But he’s overmatched (and, I don’t think, respected; could be wrong) overall. If it takes blowing this series to the Marlins to do it, I’m all for it (I was pro-Callaway’s hiring but feel like I got sold a bill of goods. Bet Mets feel that way, too).
Post a reply