Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Re: International Signings 2019

Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:22 pm

58 guys this INTL period sheesh...nice haul

Re: International Signings 2019

Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:27 pm

Huge getting Villalobos into the 2018 class. Now they can use what they spent on him for others in the 2019 class starting July 2.

Re: International Signings 2019

Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:55 pm

Just a heads up for those who like to follow the July 2 IFA period. Baseball America has decided to scale back their coverage greatly. There has been no coverage leading up to July 2. And I have no idea how much they plan on covering the signings starting on Tuesday. Jesse Sanchez is someone you can follow on twitter but other than him I have no clue.

Re: International Signings 2019

Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:18 pm

underdog wrote:Just a heads up for those who like to follow the July 2 IFA period. Baseball America has decided to scale back their coverage greatly. There has been no coverage leading up to July 2. And I have no idea how much they plan on covering the signings starting on Tuesday. Jesse Sanchez is someone you can follow on twitter but other than him I have no clue.


Well, that just means more work for you......


8)

Re: International Signings 2019

Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:41 pm

underdog wrote:Huge getting Villalobos into the 2018 class. Now they can use what they spent on him for others in the 2019 class starting July 2.


Ranked #34. The money that signed him goes back to the Familia trade, so they got Wilmer Lugo, Villalobos in addition to Toffey. Not sure that's a great return but looking better than it did last year.

Re: International Signings 2019

Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:44 pm

stevereiff wrote:
R Nitelight wrote:Mets sign 16 year old (17 in 2 days) Mexican catcher Fernando Villalobos and assign him to the DSL Mets1.

B/T L/R

6'0" 195.


8)


#34th best international prospect by BA.
This is definetly where they spent the Broxton allocation.


And what was left over from the Familia trade last year.

Villalobos will be able to play this year cause he's 17. Looks like he has a nice swing.

https://twitter.com/mikemayerMMO/status ... 3056917504

Re: International Signings 2019

Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:23 pm

R Nitelight wrote:
underdog wrote:Just a heads up for those who like to follow the July 2 IFA period. Baseball America has decided to scale back their coverage greatly. There has been no coverage leading up to July 2. And I have no idea how much they plan on covering the signings starting on Tuesday. Jesse Sanchez is someone you can follow on twitter but other than him I have no clue.


Well, that just means more work for you......


8)



And I'm usually off that day but this year we are working.

Re: International Signings 2019

Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:54 pm

This may have been out there already but MLB.com's prospect watch has us as favorites to sign #26 Alexander Ramirez 16 yo 6'3 170 CF

Re: International Signings 2019

Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:07 pm

Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 50 | Run: 60 | Arm: 50 | Field: 50

Ramirez's athleticism has been the key to his success an amateur and the belief is that his natural abilities will help propel him through the Minor Leagues and ultimately to the big leagues.

The tall and large-framed teen already shows advanced hitting skills and knowledge of the strike zone. He makes solid contact at the plate and is known for hitting line drives to all fields. He has shown flashes of emerging power and projects to be an average hitter.

What's certain is that Ramirez is true center fielder and has the skill set to stay at the position as he grows and develops. He projects to be a plus runner and that skill will help make him into an above-average defender, but ultimately, the team that signs him will decide where he fits best and put him on a path to the Major Leagues.

Ramirez is trained by Cristian "Niche" Batista, a member of MLB's Trainer Partnership Program, in Santo Domingo. The Mets are the favorites to sign him.

Re: International Signings 2019

Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:54 am

Ramirez to the Mets has been out there awhile. Haven't heard of anyone else linked to the Mets.

Re: International Signings 2019

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:41 am

You realize we're still signing Sandy's guys here, right?

Brodie's team is negotiating with guys for 2022.


8)

Re: International Signings 2019

Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:06 pm

R Nitelight wrote:You realize we're still signing Sandy's guys here, right?

Brodie's team is negotiating with guys for 2022.


8)



Not saying you're wrong, but that would mean we're committing millions of dollars to 13 year old kids.


That's asinine if true IMO
Post a reply