MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: International Signings 2019
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:22 pm 
Manager

58 guys this INTL period sheesh...nice haul

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:27 pm 
Everyday Player

Huge getting Villalobos into the 2018 class. Now they can use what they spent on him for others in the 2019 class starting July 2.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:55 pm 
Everyday Player

Just a heads up for those who like to follow the July 2 IFA period. Baseball America has decided to scale back their coverage greatly. There has been no coverage leading up to July 2. And I have no idea how much they plan on covering the signings starting on Tuesday. Jesse Sanchez is someone you can follow on twitter but other than him I have no clue.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:18 pm 
Legend of NYFS

underdog wrote:
Just a heads up for those who like to follow the July 2 IFA period. Baseball America has decided to scale back their coverage greatly. There has been no coverage leading up to July 2. And I have no idea how much they plan on covering the signings starting on Tuesday. Jesse Sanchez is someone you can follow on twitter but other than him I have no clue.

Well, that just means more work for you......

8)

8)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:41 pm 
Legend of NYFS

underdog wrote:
Huge getting Villalobos into the 2018 class. Now they can use what they spent on him for others in the 2019 class starting July 2.

Ranked #34. The money that signed him goes back to the Familia trade, so they got Wilmer Lugo, Villalobos in addition to Toffey. Not sure that's a great return but looking better than it did last year.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:44 pm 
Legend of NYFS

stevereiff wrote:
R Nitelight wrote:
Mets sign 16 year old (17 in 2 days) Mexican catcher Fernando Villalobos and assign him to the DSL Mets1.

B/T L/R

6'0" 195.

8)

#34th best international prospect by BA.
This is definetly where they spent the Broxton allocation.

And what was left over from the Familia trade last year.

Villalobos will be able to play this year cause he's 17. Looks like he has a nice swing.

https://twitter.com/mikemayerMMO/status ... 3056917504

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:23 pm 
Everyday Player

R Nitelight wrote:
underdog wrote:

Well, that just means more work for you......

8)

And I'm usually off that day but this year we are working.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:54 pm 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

This may have been out there already but MLB.com's prospect watch has us as favorites to sign #26 Alexander Ramirez 16 yo 6'3 170 CF

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:

"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:07 pm 

Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 50 | Run: 60 | Arm: 50 | Field: 50

Ramirez's athleticism has been the key to his success an amateur and the belief is that his natural abilities will help propel him through the Minor Leagues and ultimately to the big leagues.

The tall and large-framed teen already shows advanced hitting skills and knowledge of the strike zone. He makes solid contact at the plate and is known for hitting line drives to all fields. He has shown flashes of emerging power and projects to be an average hitter.

What's certain is that Ramirez is true center fielder and has the skill set to stay at the position as he grows and develops. He projects to be a plus runner and that skill will help make him into an above-average defender, but ultimately, the team that signs him will decide where he fits best and put him on a path to the Major Leagues.

Ramirez is trained by Cristian "Niche" Batista, a member of MLB's Trainer Partnership Program, in Santo Domingo. The Mets are the favorites to sign him.

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:

"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:54 am 
Everyday Player

Ramirez to the Mets has been out there awhile. Haven't heard of anyone else linked to the Mets.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:41 am 
Legend of NYFS

You realize we're still signing Sandy's guys here, right?

Brodie's team is negotiating with guys for 2022.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:06 pm 

R Nitelight wrote:
You realize we're still signing Sandy's guys here, right?

Brodie's team is negotiating with guys for 2022.

8)

Not saying you're wrong, but that would mean we're committing millions of dollars to 13 year old kids.

That's asinine if true IMO

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next