MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: International Signings 2019
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:08 pm 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

underdog wrote:
Haven't heard of anyone else linked to the Mets.

Yeah, a bit depressing we're not rumored to be in on anyone else :(

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:

"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:17 pm 
NYFS Staff

Tommy Tanous is still running the international scouting operation so in a way Brodie's guys are Sandy's guys.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:22 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Daaaarryyl wrote:

Not saying you're wrong, but that would mean we're committing millions of dollars to 13 year old kids.

That's asinine if true IMO

I don't have a subscription to BA, but most of Ben Badler's recent work seems to point directly to that....

8)

8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:32 pm 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

R Nitelight wrote:
Daaaarryyl wrote:

Not saying you're wrong, but that would mean we're committing millions of dollars to 13 year old kids.

I don't have a subscription to BA, but most of Ben Badler's recent work seems to point directly to that....

8)

That is interesting for sure.

A lot can change in a kid's growth from say, 16 to 20.

But to try to predict ahead for a 13 year old is WOW.

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:

"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:42 pm 
Everyday Player

R Nitelight wrote:
Daaaarryyl wrote:

8)

That was the main reason BA is not doing a top 50 list this year. Badler said that 14 year olds are now committing to teams. Said that once a player commits the other organizations quit pursing that player. Therefore those players rarely play in games or attend showcases. So, he said basically that scouting reports they have on 16 year olds are two years old. He didn't feel it was fair to post reports and rank players, based from that long ago, since players will greatly change in a two year period. I tend to agree with his point but as a fan it sucks when trying to find any info on players your teams may be interested in signing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:42 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Daaaarryyl wrote:
R Nitelight wrote:
You realize we're still signing Sandy's guys here, right?

Brodie's team is negotiating with guys for 2022.

8)

I don't think the dollar amount is worked out at the age of 13, but there's some articles that suggest the team that the kid will sign for is worked out ahead of time. That's why, one year the mets will get 2 guys in the top 10 and another year they'll get nobody or like 1 guy at the back end of the top 30. It's a crap shoot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:39 am 
Rookie

Mets officially sign Alexander Ramirez
https://twitter.com/BenBadler/status/11 ... 1837611008

Jesse Sanchez had tweeted he signed for $2.1 million but it got deleted so not sure it's an accurate number.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:39 am 
Manager

#1Alexander Ramirez OF 2019 Class from El Niche Team Sign with New York Mets for 2,050,000.00 Us

#july2 #jdbsign2019Class instagram.com/p/BzaoFx0F1Gz/…

#1 guy? Nice!

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:42 am 
Legend of NYFS

Mogriffjr wrote:
#1Alexander Ramirez OF 2019 Class from El Niche Team Sign with New York Mets for 2,050,000.00 Us

#july2 #jdbsign2019Class instagram.com/p/BzaoFx0F1Gz/…

#1 guy? Nice!

Mid to late 20's actually.

But that's okay too.....

8)

8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:56 am 
NYFS Staff

The depth at the lower levels of the system is very good right now. Unfortunately for the near future that doesn't mean to much for the Mets.

Glad to see them signing this kid. Hope there is a few more behind it that we can get excited about.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:26 am 
Legend of NYFS

Quote:
The Mets have also been linked to outfielder Yeral Martinez, and are also expected to sign left-handed pitcher Fraudy Vizcaino and right-handed pitcher Jose Dominguez of the Dominican Republic.

Link

8)

8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:30 pm 
Rookie

Mets have signed OF Jostin Almonte and SS Junior Tilien, both of the Dominican Republic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next